Celebrate 2017 National EMS Week with the RWJUH Mobile Health Service!
Join us for FREE EDUCATIONAL OFFERINGS on Thursday May 25, 2017:
Fighting the Feeling – Dealing with PTSD
- Please preregister at https://goo.gl/6YkgDg
- Format: 1 hour presentations, 15 minute break
- Each is pending approval by OEMS for 1 EMT elective CEUs each lecture. These credits are recognized by Pennsylvania and the National Registry of EMTs. RWJ-MHS ALS CME credit awarded for each presentation.
- Parking in New Brunswick Parking Authority Paterson Street deck will be validated to $6.00 maximum. Parking at the hospital visitor parking decks (main and Cancer Center).
Thursday, May 25, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m., EMS Classroom, 126 Paterson Street, New Brunswick, NJ
Emergency Medical Service providers are at a high risk for developing psychological problems because of the everyday exposure to ill patients. This, in turn, can lead to PTSD, Survivors Guilt, and even Suicide. As providers, we need not only tend to our patients but our own physical and psychological well-being. This presentation will discuss some of the signs and symptoms of each, along with ways to care for those that are affected. PTSD studies and the care we can implement will be discussed.
- Danny Frazier, MICP, Logistics Supervisor, RWJUH Mobile Health Service
Blast Incident Management
Thursday, May 25, 7:45 – 8:45 p.m., EMS Classroom, 126 Paterson Street, New Brunswick, NJ
- Joshua Bucher, M.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, Rutgers- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School; Assistant EMS Medical Director, RWJUH Mobile Health Service
Medical Experiences From Mount Everest Base Camp in Nepal
Thursday, May 25, 9:00 – 10:00 p.m., EMS Classroom, 126 Paterson Street, New Brunswick, NJ
Dr. Donovan will discuss the approach to austere/remote medicine in and around Mouth Everest Base Camp in Nepal. She will cover different types of injuries/altitude syndromes that she encountered, how they are treated in the remote environment, and barriers to care.
- Colleen Donovan, M.D., Assistant Professor and Simulation Director, Department of Emergency Medicine, Rutgers- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School; EMS Medical Director, RWJUH Mobile Health Service
PLEASE PREREGISTER ON LINE AT: https://goo.gl/6YkgDg