PEARS is a national continuing education program by the American Heart Association focusing on prevention, and specifically, the assessment, recognition and stabilization of pediatric victims at risk of severe cardiopulmonary distress. This course is approved for 8 elective CEUs.
- Learn to recognize certain pediatric distress signs and symptoms using visual cues
- Work at learning stations
- Use video-based simulation to actually see and hear critically ill children.
- Students should be healthcare providers who might encounter pediatric patients but are not credentialed for advanced pediatric skills.
- It is strongly recommended students hold a valid BLS for Healthcare Provider card.
- students must have access to a current PEARS Provider Manual before and during class.